Saturday, February 22, 2014

Focus on Life • Week 7 & 8

I am a week late in posting!!!! So this week I'll do both this week and last week.

WEEK 8
For week 8, Sally's prompt was to "Capture Color." I'll be honest, my first thought when I read this, was "what color?"

 I feel like it's been snowing for two weeks. In fact the snow is nearly up to my waist in some places.  In the last few weeks, we have had three major snow storms!!! And a few small storms in between!  All I see is WHITE lately!!!

 But instead of thinking about outside, I thought where can I find some color inside...and I opened my craft closet and found these quilling papers.

I think it was these super thin pads of colorful paper that got me interested in quilling in the first place!!! I hope that pulling them out to photograph will get me inspired to start experimenting with it, finally!

WEEK 7
For last week, the prompt was to make a "love collage". That was so easy....the only hard part was drilling it down...shown below is my family love collage....I wanted to make a friend love collage, a food-love collage, a nature-love collage, and extended-family love collage, people-who-are-like-family-love collage, etc.....
Top row left,  my husband and me, right, my son and two nieces, bottom row left, my dog Bingo, right, my son and my dog Molly!


I made the collage as soon as I saw the prompt, but somehow, I had such a crazy week, I never got around to doing the blog post!!!



15 comments:

  1. Wow, you certainly have had snow!! Lovely colours of quilling papers, and I just love your collage - the contrast between b&w photos and your red&white heart - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bright colors of the quilling papers against the grey background. And what a fun collage you made of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both weeks pictures are spot on for their prompts. I'd love to get my hands on those luscious colored papers! Also the skill to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never posted last week either.. and my view is similar to yours... although at least it waited til we were home from Tucson to really start dumping here. But today is bright and sunny with water dripping off of everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought the same thing about the white. I just went out and plugged in my machine so that I can plow. It will take me at least 5 hours to move all the snow that we got. I always thought quilling was beautiful. The papers sure make a pretty picture. Great collage too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos for both weeks - I love those quilling papers, it's something I've never tried, I always feel my fingers are too big for such delicate little work! That's such a lovely collage of your family - and Bingo is just the cutest little fellow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a lot of snow! Your quilling strips sure brighten up the space! And your collage is just precious. Nothing says love like those you love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a lovely collage! it is truly amazing just how much snow we've had this winter .... and so very heavy to shovel - boooo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you get that wicked thunder storm last night that washed away most of the snow? I was happy to see it go. There's still some left but at least I can see my yard again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Amy, I'm so sorry the giveaway for the journal has closed - I drew the winner 2 hours ago...
    Would you like to enter this week's giveaway, instead? http://anotherdeepday.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/giveaway-5-winner-drawn-2-march-at-11am.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl, I'm with you on the quilling paper. It's too cool to have around. Maybe we need to challenge each other to actually use it? haaaaaaaaa

    ReplyDelete
  12. How pretty those quilling papers are. I have never done but your photos make it very tempting. Your love collage is womderful! The black and white photos really accentuate the adorable heart. The beach photos make me homesick for our beach vacations. Great collage!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful photos. I used to do quilling years ago and I loved it. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The colors look so vibrant against the snowy background!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both beautiful pictures. Rainbow arches of paper and beautiful family. xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!! They really mean a lot!